JFE, Technip or Sapphire Base

Salam,

Its been a while since my last posting. As the title of this entry suggest, I am in dilemma right now. I got three offers for my Industrial Training. All three have their own advantages. As for this moment, I still haven't decide yet, which one to take.

This morning, I went to JFE Engineering Sdn Bhd at Jalan Yap Kwan Seng to meet their Director of Energy Division Mr Hirofumi Abe. We met about half an hour, talking about projects that JFE is doing now in Malaysia. It appears that, they are working on two big projects. One is constructing a Chemical Plant and the other one is building a production factory.

Mr Abe or Abe-San, is a very polite person. Although he is the director of the company, he treat me like I am the boss. I think that is how Japanese treat their visitors. Another person in that meeting is Mr Ganesh, the company's HR and Admin Manager. He is a soft spoken person. Like Abe-San he is also very polite.

One big disadvantage of JFE is that they offer me unrelevant task. They want me to do piping/plant drafting using Auto CAD whereas that task is very unchallenging as I have already done that (using Autocad) a zillion times in my life. What I want is something new, something like PDMS or PDS. I've been longing for those software....

Technip provide PDS, thats for sure. At least that whats my brother told me. He is a Piping Designer at Technip. One disadvantage of doing industrial training at Technip is my brother. It is not really a problem but I feel a little bit cocky working in a department alongside by brother. It would be a strange experience not only for me but also to my brother.

The other choice is Sapphire Base. It is a Bumiputra Company working mainly on designing and analyzing pressure vessel and piping. One disadvantage of this company is, according to Ab, it lacks signboard. Even at the entrance of the office, they didnt put any signboard showing that they exists at the premise. That irk me a lot because it shows lack of professionalisme.

Hari Raya is coming. Three more days from today, and I need to make up my mind which company to be chosen as the company that i will spend three months there. For me its not only three months, it actually can determine my future. The decision now, will effect my carrier for the next 10 years or more. So, which path shall I walk? JFE, Technip or Sapphire Base?

2 comments:

ashburn85 said...

salam geng..
which one have u choose?
u know, u r so poyo.hehehe
better u take to being TT or a.k.a Tutor terlampau...hehee

Ouragloco said...

Salam AB...

Tutor Terlampau still my first choice!

haha

Post a Comment